Why Restore Balance
About Restore Balance
We are a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, social workers and registered psychotherapists who provide a range of psychological and counselling services in Toronto, Bobcaygeon (Kawartha Lakes), Peterborough, Huntsville, Belleville, and virtually to Nunavut!
How Restore Balance is Different
At Restore Balance, we take pride in being humans first, therapists second. That means our approach might be slightly different than what you would expect, and includes:
- We don’t have a receptionist desk to provide more privacy. Instead, someone will pop out and say hi! Offer to make you a cup of coffee or tea, and ensure you’re all set for your session.
- We have your interests at heart! We will do whatever is within our power and various abilities to ensure that you receive the highest level of care possible.
- We are driven by human connections and relationships. We want to make sure you feel cared for and are comfortable with us.
- We are responsive – whether it be through a phone call, email, text, or social media – we will communicate in a timely manner! We genuinely want to hear from you and encourage you to communicate your needs and provide us with feedback.
- We go above and beyond because we genuinely care. We pride ourselves on developing relationships with each person. Please do let us know how we can make your experience better, whether it is something as simple as your favourite tea or appointment time preference. We believe that small actions make the most difference.
- We make things easy. We understand life can be difficult and you have a lot to juggle, so whenever we can, we try to make things easy. This includes booking appointments, completing documentation, and much more! If there is something we are not doing, send us an email and we will do our best to improve our services.
- We are diverse. We offer a plethora of services, from personal injury to couples counseling and a variety of assessments, and a great deal in between. You might need none, one, or a variety of services. Regardless of what you need, we are here for you.
- We understand how difficult it can be to reach out for help. That’s why we try to make our office and services as warm and welcoming as possible. From the moment you reach out with a concern, we are there for you every step of the way!
Ready to take the next step?
If you have questions, unsure how to proceed, or want to find alternative ways to cope with your existing stressors, get in touch with us here. If you’re ready to make an appointment, you can book an appointment online or you can reach out to us here. We encourage you to communicate your individual preferences, specific circumstances, and preferred methods of treatment. We acknowledge that if we are unable to meet your needs we will refer you to an appropriate resource.